For Pantherella, a fine gauge sock refers to a sock created from extremely fine yarns using a cylinder knitting machine holding 200 very thin knitting needles (1/50th of an inch thick).
This means that there will be 200 finely crafted stitches around the leg of each and every sock. At Pantherella we also knit some of our special tailored socks on a 240-needle superfine gauge knitting machine.
Pantherella has operated out of the same family owned factory in Leicester, England since 1937.
Making the world's finest socks from the most luxurious fibres is what we do and who we are. Our expertise and world renowned craftsmanship has been passed down from generation to generation to ensure that Pantherella socks remain the world's finest.
- All of our socks have a care label on their packaging, please follow these instructions very carefully.
- Unfortunately none of our socks are safe to be tumble dried, this is due to the nature of the luxury yarns that are used in the manufacture of our socks.
- Use of an appropriate detergent is also important, there are no ‘one size fits all’ detergents.
- If you have bought cashmere, wool and wool blended socks, wash them with a non-biological, wool safe detergent.
- We do not recommend any specific brand, but there are quite a few on the market.
- Our cotton socks should have colour safe detergents used to ensure that their colour remains constant for as long as possible.
- Wash your socks inside-out (except Cashmere) to keep a pristine outer appearance and wash them in as low a temperature as possible.
- Where a hand wash is indicated, please make this at a cool hand temperature. Rinse them in clear water and finally treat them with a little of your favourite fabric softener to recondition the yarns – re-lubricating and adding softness to allow a little more stretch/comfort.
- We do not recommend using fabric softener on Cashmere socks.